Are you over-obsessed about eating and weight lost? I know that you have heard somewhere that the more you eat, the more weight you gain. But in fact, it’s not always true.
While many girls still chase the traditional principle of weight loss which is cutting off calories – which means eating less. However, that principle or worse, starving your body will make the brain more inhibitory, producing bad hormones as well as increasing appetite.
The key here is what you eat. If you eat roughly 2 pounds of veggies, fruit and rich-fiber foods, I assure you that it’s impossible to gain weight. Not saying that your skin, hair and health is improved a lot.
So, get rid of the strict calorie-control diet, enjoy your meal and still maintain effective styling thanks to these weight-lost tips and low-carb snacks below!
Be a smart, well-fed, yet scientific eater to keep fit. If you are trying to lose weight without fasting, keep in mind the following five principles:
- Do not cut the calories, cut the amount of sugar
- Drink water as much as you can (at least 2 liters/day)
- Eat more fiber
- Eat more protein
- Choose “safe” snacks
If you are a new comer, looking for a scientific and healthy diet to lose weight, take a peek at these articles where you can get the ultimate guides to build up your own diet. In case, you already get yours, keep reading this guidance to vary your weight lost menu with delicious yet waistline-friendly snack.
Based on my experience, on those days I want to lose weight rapidly (might be to attend some important events like weddings, prom, parties or go to the beach), my favorite diet is:
6.30 AM – a cup of smoothie
9.00 AM – the first side meal including fruits and yogurt (like apple, grapes Greek yogurt and some boiled broccoli)
12.00 PM – 1 cup of smoothie
4.00 PM – 1 cup of smoothie
5.30 PM – the second side meal, usually salad with boiled eggs and cucumber or fried salmon/chicken breast and some boiled broccoli.
This diet is really effective, which within 10 days you can lost about 6-8 pounds. Importantly, it doesn’t cause appetite. Within the 3 first days, your weigh will lose rapidly, about 2-3 pounds. Up to the 4th day, it’s going to slow down a little bit, but your weight still loses.
The best thing here is that you drink (or eat) nearly 2 pounds of fiber food so that it’s hard to feel hungry or appetite. Score!
But take notice that, if you intend to apply this weight-lose diet, you need to go to bed earlier than usually, like 10.30 PM or 11.00 PM before your hunger comes and entice you looking for foods. Besides, combine with exercising or doing Pilate slightly to keep your body fit and firm.
And, as you can see that my diet requires drinking a lot of smoothie, though they aren’t a bad-taste drink, it’s prone to feel boring. That’s why here, I introduce you some delicious recipes to change day by day and help you “survive” happily within 10-day challenge.
Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie
Peanut butter provides a lot of protein while bananas contain lots of vitamins and minerals. This is definitely an extreme duo “diet” for your weight loss diet.
- ½ banana
- ½ tsp of low fat peanut butter
- ½ cup of nonfat milk
- Six ice cubes
- 1 cup of chocolate protein powder
Put all the ingredients in the blender and puree.
Watermelon is a cooling fruit, containing plenty of water and low in sugar while also rich in vitamin A. Eating watermelon every day also helps to lose weight effectively.
- 6 slices of watermelon seeds
- ½ cup of lime juice
- ½ cup of low-fat milk or low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 12 ice cubes
Put watermelon in the puree, then add half the amount of ice and lemon juice, grind until the mixture is smooth. Finally, let all the remaining ingredients into the blender and grind.
Mango is very nutritious fruit that is not only rich in fiber and vitamins but also delicious to enjoy. While eating raw mango, you can make a cup of mango smoothie to make your diet menu not boring anymore.
- 2 slices of mango
- ½ unit of butter
- ½ cup of mango juice
- 4 cups of non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Six ice cubes
Put all the ingredients in the blender at the same time and puree.
Peach is a delicious seasonal tropical fruit that you should not miss. With this peach smoothie, you will find the weight loss job is fun!
- 1 cup of skim milk
- 2 peaches
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil
Put milk and peach into puree, then add flaxseed oil and blend until the mixture is smooth.
Now, speaking of the side meals, I know that eating salad or fried salmon or Greek yogurt day after day isn’t a good idea at all. To make it more tasty and enjoyable to continue, here are some other options for you to vary your side meals.
Apples are one of the healthiest fruits because they contain lots of fiber, vitamins C, vitamin A and even small amounts of potassium. They are sweet and crunchy so it is very suitable for processing snack to enjoy all day.
Apple snacks can be added to the diet menu because the malic acid in apples is a substance that acts on fat cells in the body, helping to support fat burning very effectively.
- 3 apples
- ¼ teaspoon of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder (optional)
– Mix the spices together in a small bowl.
– Then, clean and cut off the first two parts of the apple.
– Next, cut the apple into thin slices (about 1.5mm), remove the seeds.
– Prepare a tray with paper on the surface and then, put sliced apples onto it.
– Sprinkle the spices on two sides of the apple slices (if you do not like the cinnamon, don’t need to add)
– Bake at 100 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes, turn over the apples, bake for another 30 minutes to finish.
The apple snacks are very fragrant and crispy. For long-term storage, you can put them in an airtight glass or plastic jar and put in a cool place.
If you are a fan of the dried banana snacks, then you definitely cannot ignore this recipe. With just a few bananas and a very simple operation, you have a crispy banana snack serve to enjoy.
Banana is considered a “magical” fruit because of its balanced nutritional content and good health at the very end so that it helps people to gain weight or lose weight quickly if properly used.
- 3 bananas, choose the slightly green.
- Cooking oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
– Bananas are peeled and cut into slices.
– Then, heat the oil in a small saucepan and then slowly add sliced banana into it.
– Stir until all the bananas are crispy. Then, transfer them into a dish topped with paper to drain them from oil.
– Mix the pepper and salt (depending on your taste) and then batter to spice.
A delicious, crunchy banana is a must-have snack for friends gathering or watching movies at home without fears of gaining weight. Bravo!
With sweet and sour taste combination, pineapple chips are a perfect snack for girls because they are high in fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, copper, potassium and manganese for good health.
You can completely “crush” this familiar fruit, enjoy it as snack or eating raw, contributing more energy to your boring low-carb diet menu.
Moreover, the pineapple snack is shaped like a beautiful flower, which is very popular to decorate food or drink.
- 1 medium cooked pineapple
- 1 teaspoon of salt
– To make pineapple snack, you leave the peeled fruit, remove its eye, rinse and then slice about 0.3cm thin.
– Soak these sliced pineapples with salt water within 10 minutes. Then, drain it out of water, let dry.
– Next, put the sliced pineapple on the grill and turn the oven on 100 degrees Celsius and cook for about 3 hours.
– When the pineapple is dried and turn into the bright yellow, no water or yellow spots, turn off the oven and open its lid, let the sliced pineapple naturally cool down.
– Lightly transfer them into an airtight jar filled with paper so that you can really preserve pineapple is very long time.
Banana & Rolled Oat Muffins
Muffin is a should-try pastry for newbies because it’s the easiest cake with the highest rate of successful making. Do not need the trick to beat eggs, just mix dry ingredients, wet ingredients separately and then mix them all together. The technique required in this type of cake is to mix quickly and decisively so that the cake can be fluffy evenly.
If you look for a heathy, weight-lost cakes, Banana & Rolled Oat Muffins aren’t a bad choice! A great combination of banana and yogurt to create moisture for the cake. Besides, do not need a lot of fat, just a little olive oil! Add a little oatmeal to make the cake more delicious with beautiful color. The secret here for a scrumptious muffin is honey and brown sugar.
(Take note: It’s for 6 servings)
- 130 g of baking flour (or you can use 125g of multipurpose flour + 5g of baking flour)
- 1 egg
- 50 g of oats
- 30 g of olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 100 g of white yogurt
- 15 ml of honey
- 50 g of brown sugar
- 5 ml of vanilla
- 5 g of cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 125 g of banana puree (= 2 medium bananas), leave some little slices for decoration
- 6 small paper muffin molds
Turn on the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
Add the baking flour, baking soda and cinnamon powder into the bowl.
Add the oats and brown sugar, stir to combine.
Now, add chicken egg, cooking oil, yogurt and honey into another bowl. Stir the mixture, add smashed banana, stir to combine. Put dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, stir again. If the mixture isn’t smooth, it’s not a big deal at all (don’t worry!). Pour the mixture into a paper mold, decorated with banana slices.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the cake is not sticky at all and it turns into brown color. Take it out. Let aside to cool down and ready to serve.
If you want to get more cake recipes for weight lost, take a peek at this article. Here, I’ve listed out and share detail guidance to help you DIY delicious, healthy and waistline-friendly cakes at home to enjoy while on a diet. If there’s something you need my help, kindly leave it in the comment section below.