As parents, I bet that everyone wants to give the best for your children, right?
We all want these little angels grow up healthily day by day, from height to weight. It’s surely a hurt if they aren’t as tall as the other babies, which makes many people misunderstand that your child is younger than the others.
I understand that feeling! The same with those babies who get anorexia. It’s like solving a hard math to persuade your child to eat and importantly, eat enough nutrition.
In this article, I will share you top delicious snacks for kids to help them grow healthily while you, get more free time on hands.
Cucumber, yellow melon and black raspberry salad
Children should always be given enough vitamins and vegetables to produce energy for their daily activities. Therefore, the formula below not only help moms save maximum time but also bring great snacks to your children.
To make this salad, obviously three major ingredients are cucumber, yellow melon and black raspberry. Besides, you also need to prepare mint as well.
Take note: The following formula is for one serving.
½ cup yellow melon, finely chopped; ½ cucumber, finely chopped; ½ cup black raspberry; 1/2 teaspoon of mint, sliced.
Add all of them into medium bowl and then mixed with hand or spoon.
Done! Just less than 10 minutes to prepare!
If fried potatoes are excluded from the snack list for baby, baked potatoes are in the top of highly-recommended foods to add to children’s diet.
Each baked potato contains 100 to 200 calories, enough for baby daily activities, and reduce hunger. In addition, baked potatoes also contain a lot of carbohydrates – this is a very good substance for the digestive system of the baby.
For the anorexia children, fruit juices are a reasonable alternative. Fruits, such as apples, avocados, pears, papaya, orange, grapes … are rich in vitamins, fiber, which is good for the digestive system and stimulate baby’s taste.
However, if you’re too busy to do, buying smoothie at the supermarket is another good option. There are many different recipes for the baby to choose from.
Baby snacks from eggs
Boiled eggs are a better choice than fried eggs. When fried, the nutrients in the eggs will be lost much, but in boiled eggs, they are kept almost complete.
You can make egg salad or boiled chicken salad for children to enjoy after the meal.
Beat the eggs, add a little salt to taste. If seaweeds are marinated with salt, needn’t add salt anymore.
Preheat your oven, add oil to the pan, pour the egg mixture into it, thinly fried.
Place the seaweed on the egg and roll it.
Reduce the heat down to medium small. After already cooked, cut eggs into itty-bitty pieces and ready to serve.
- Large eggs (6)
- Evaporated milk (2 13 ounces)
- Granulated sugar (1 1/2 cups)
- Sweetened condensed milk (1 14 ounces)
- Vanilla (1 tsp)
- Salt (a pinch)
First up, you need to have your Pyrex baking dish and ramekins handy. Then, start preheating your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Caramelizing the sugar to make the topping for your flan cake by pouring 1 sugar cup into the hot pan until they start caramelizing. Once they change into the medium brown color, turn off the oven or place aside. You will see its color turn into a little bit darker but it’s normal.
Now, rapidly add caramel mixture into each ramekin. If the sugar mixture doesn’t cover the entire bottom of each ramekin, you should slightly rotate it. I know that some of us don’t get acquainted to this and might take times a little bit. A common matter with the sugar mixture is it’s prone to harden quickly. If yours is in such situation, don’t fret, simply reheat it.
To ensure the finest sugar mixture poured in to the ramekin, you can pour it through a strainer.
Now, after cover the sugar mixture to the entire bottom of each ramekin, place them aside.
Meanwhile, use a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until they’re combines and frothy a little bit. Next, add the milk and mix to combine. After that, add the rest of the sugar mixture in to the mixing bowl, add salt and vanilla then, blend it up to get a smooth mixture.
Now, once your ramekins are set, keep pouring the custard into them.
Move on to the next step, place all ramekins into a backing pan, pour hot water into the baking until it reaches about half of the ramekins’ height. Place it in the oven, avoid letting any water dropping into the ramekins, bake in 45 minutes.
The reason why you should avoid letting water dropping in those ramekins is to keep its surface aesthetic. While the flan cake is still soft and flimsy, if water drops into them, the caramel bubbles up the sides, causing a rough and ugly surface.
Now, after 45 minutes, take the pan off the oven, remove all ramekins from hot water and place them in the fridge for about an hour. Then, ready to serve.
Snack for lazy children eating vegetables
– Boil 2 potatoes and 2 carrots. Then, mix in 1/2 cup of broccoli and half a cup of peas.
– Mash down the boiled vegetables or if you want a smoother texture, add them into a blender or food processor, grinding for 30 seconds.
– When the mixture is hot, add cheesecake to melt.
– Put one egg into the mixture and season them.
– Separate the mixture into small patties and roll over the flour. Then, gently place them on the baking tray.
– Heat the oven to 200 degrees and let the mixture bake for 25-30 minutes. Ready to serve.
Snacks for children are easy to gain weight
- Fresh milk
- 3 Corn
- 3 scoops of sugar.
- Corn core
– Boil 1.8 liters of water with corn core and sugar or sugarcane (if combined with fresh milk, remember to reduce the amount of water, for example 300ml fresh milk for only 1.5 liters of water). After boiled, remove all corn core and sugarcane.
– Add the boiled corns and water to the blender, mash it down.
– The final step is to filter the corn residue through the sieve. Add the condensed milk, the amount depends on the taste of each family (about 120ml of condensed milk is just fine).
- 400g pumpkin
– Slice 400g of pumpkin and boil with 350g of water.
After that, transfer them into a blender, add 200g of fresh milk and 50g of sugar into it, grind a little more.
– Finally, ready to serve.
- 300ml fresh milk
- 180ml fresh cream
- 1 box of whey. (If you do not like whey, use 3 tablespoons of baby milk powder instead)
- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch
– Mix fresh milk + cream + cornstarch + cream milk.
– Simmer the mixture on the stove, until it is dense, transfer into a cup.
– Place it in the fridge and feed your baby gradually.
Aside from these healthy and delicious snacks for kids, parents should acknowledge some no-no foods to avoid eating them, such as candy, canned foods or sauces. They not only cause your children to easily catch obesity, but also take higher risks to catch some other dangerous diseases. I hope that this article has inspired you to grow your kids healthier and better.